Trainee Quantity Surveyor.
HESIS design, supply and install Fire, Security, Access, CCTV, Intruder and Gas detection systems for major projects across the UK. Typical project values are between £250k & £2m
Due to continuing growth, there is now a need to enhance the commercial support for our projects team based in Liverpool.
Objectives: To support the Commercial Manager and Project Managers as directed. Maximising revenue and minimising risk.
Role:- Provide assistance in carrying out the following;
- Ensure proper administration of the contract requirements
- Placing sub contract enquiries.
- Ensure sub contract tender qualifications are resolved before order release.
- Create and agree Quantified Schedule of Rates.
- Draft applications for payment to the customer.
- Liaise with Customers PM to maximise our application value.
- Ensure Customer payment notices are received on time.
- Monitor goods received on allocated projects.
- Price variations
- Ensure notices are issued to the contractor and subcontractor in accordance with contract agreements.
- Draft claims for prolongation costs as directed.
- Carry out any measures required to value subcontract applications.
- Assist the Project Manager in completing the monthly Cost & Revenue Forecasts
- Review works orders or subcontract agreements to identify risks before acceptance.
- Carry out initial investigation of any identified disputes.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo health and safety training as there will be a requirement to work on site from time to time.
The candidate will experience working with many forms of contract.
Candidates should be recently degree qualified or seeking industrial placement as part of a sandwich course in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management.
Excellent communication and numeracy skills.
Enthusiastic approach to people and projects.
A clean driving licence
Please send you CV for the attention of Andy Sanderson or call for an informal chat beforehand.