FIRE & SECURITY INSTALLATION & COMMISSIONING ENGINEER
Location: North UK
Reporting To: OPERATIONS MANAGER – North
- An exciting position has become available for a Fire & security Commissioning Engineer within our Projects Team in the north region.
You will be responsible to the Operations Manager in a field-based role in the northern region. The role will include various task to support our Operations & Project managers by supervising sub-contractors, Installing & Commissioning Fire Alarm & Security systems for new and existing HESIS customers.
Our engineers provide an excellent service to our clients, installing, Commissioning and providing training on the equipment on site whilst adhering to the core values of HESIS. This includes the accurate reporting and escalation of works where required.
Due to the nature of our Business and the requirements of our customers, you will be required to satisfactorily complete Security Screening to British Standard (BS7858).
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory standards and to policies and procedures of HESIS.
- Carry out reporting in line with regulatory standards, highlighting shortfalls when necessary.
- Complete works in line with relevant British Standards.
- Complete small installations.
- Carry out works out of hours where required.
- Ensure installations are complete withing the timescales allowed or to programme
- Be active with assisting the Operations Manager to develop sales opportunities with clients.
- Provide advice and guidance to other engineers in the team and the wider business.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Appropriate Technical Qualifications
- FIA Modules 1-5 or equivalent
- Health & Safety Certification e.g. CSCS, Pasma, IPAF, Asbestos Awareness, Working at height, Manual handling.
- Field Based experience in installing & commissioning Fire Alarm network systems – i.e. GENT
- Field Based experience in installing & commissioning Security systems
- Sound knowledge of electrical principles
- Computer literate incl. knowledge of I.P. & networks
- Lives the HESIS values.
- Excellent Team working skills as well as the ability to work alone.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good organisational skills, able to manage and prioritise workload.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive own career development and training.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Competitive Salary, Commission Scheme for Sales Leads and a Company liveried vehicle.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent
- Holidays: 25 days + statutory bank holidays
- Hours: 37.5 per week
If you are interested in this exciting position within a growing business, please send your CV to: Recruitment@hesis.co.uk