FIRE ALARM SERVICE ENGINEER
Location: North UK
Reporting To: OPERATIONS MANAGER – North
An exciting new position has become available for a Fire & Security Engineer working within our North operations team. We are looking for a fully trained engineer with a bias towards Fire Systems skills to work across various sectors.
You will be responsible to the Operations Manager and will be based near Liverpool. The role will primarily carry out maintenance, reactive response and commissioning activity within our client portfolio. This will include systems such as fire alarms, fire doors, fire extinguishers.
Our engineers provide an excellent service to our clients, servicing and maintaining the equipment on site whilst adhering to the core values of HESIS. This includes the accurate reporting and escalation of works where required. In order to provide excellent service, you will be required as part of your normal duties to be “on call” in order to provide out of hours cover to deal with emergencies.
Due to the nature of our Business and the requirements of our customers, you will be required to satisfactorily complete Security Screening to British Standard (BS7858).
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory standards and to policies and procedures of HESIS.
- Carry out reporting in line with regulatory standards, highlighting shortfalls when necessary.
- Carry out efficient and effective repair to client’s systems.
- Complete small installations and refurbishments.
- Carry out works out of hours where required.
- Be active with assisting the Operations Manager to develop sales opportunities with clients.
- Provide advice and guidance to other engineers in the team and the wider business.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Appropriate Technical Qualifications e.g. FIA 1-5 or equivalent
- Health & Safety Certification e.g. CSCS, PASMA, IPAF (3a&3b), Asbestos Awareness, Working at height, Manual handling.
- Field Based experience in fault finding, repairs and maintenance across the full range of Fire Alarm Systems
- Computer literate.
- Lives the HESIS values.
- Excellent Team working skills as well as the ability to work alone.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good organisational skills, able to manage and prioritise workload.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive own career development and training.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Competitive Salary, Commission Scheme for Sales Leads + Company liveried vehicle.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent
- Holidays: 25 days + statutory bank holidays
- Hours: 37.5 per week
If you are interested in this exciting position within a growing business, please send your CV to: Recruitment@hesis.co.uk